This weeks' #SouperFriday Soup of the Day is...
Pete's Thai Red Curry Chicken
- In a large sauce pan simmer one 400ml can of coconut milk with 1-2 tablespoons Red Curry paste over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add 1-2 tbsp fish sauce (optional, but gives a true Thai taste)
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- ½ cup frozen peas (or sliced carrots or broccoli or combo of all!)
- 1/3 cup of water
- Optional: add chopped onions, 1-2 cloves of garlic or chopped peppers
- Simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally
- Stir in ½ pound of pre-cooked chicken pieces (approx. 1 large chicken breast cubed and browned)
- Optional: Try substituting chicken for shrimp
- Continue cooking for 3-5 minutes.
- Serve with minute rice or something similar. The Soupers tried it with Quinoa today!
Be sure to check back next week for a new Soup of the Day! And feel free to share your thoughts on our Soupers' recipes or even share your own favourite soup recipes!