Protect Your Home From Extreme Winds
Click Here to learn how you and your home can be prepared for Severe Winds.
Before A Tornado
- Prepare an emergency kit and make a family communications plan. (Click Here)
- Listen to commercial radio, or television newscasts. Heed instructions given by local emergency management officials.
- Be alert to changing weather conditions and watch for approaching storms.
Danger Signs Include
- Dark, often greenish sky
- Large hail
- A large, dark, low-lying cloud (particularly if rotating)
- Loud roar, similar to a freight train.
- If you see approaching storms or any of the danger signs, be prepared to take shelter immediately.